Tuesday, May 18, 2010

About

I am K and my husband is R and this is my blog. I am in my early 40s and R is still in his 30s. We visited Malaysia back in 2007 and thought the country was beautiful; on our trip we learned that a number of foreigners live in Malaysia and it gave us the idea to move here. I am originally from the US and had been living in the Middle East where R is from. In early 2009 we decided that we no longer wanted to live in the Middle East; instead of moving to the US we decided we would move to Malaysia and by October 2009 we were here! It has been a long process buying the house, but we have finally completed the sale.... This blog will document our experiences here in Malaysia... so if you are a person interested in moving to Malaysia, an expat already living in Malaysia, plan on taking a vacation to Malaysia or you just want sneak a peek at what it's like living here, check out the blog regularly or subscribe to The Malaysia Project Feed on the homepage. Please do leave your comments or feel free to email me at the email address on the main page.

Let the adventure begin!!!

12 comments:

  1. Selamat Datang and Welcome to Malaysia!

    I am glad to know that you and hubby have chosen to live in Malaysia. I wish you a pleasant and happy stay in this country. I stumble on your blog today and I would like to thank you very much for putting my blog link to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome blog, thanks for showing us an interesting experience in Malaysia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your blog as i was looking for information on some kitchen renovation stuff and found your blog to be very very interesting. Hope your stay has been pleasant! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello there , I am being offered a job In malasiya, and thusI would like to know about the living expenses and the salary specifics if possible can u mail me at aalanke@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi K,thanks for following my blog. I guess you're a designer or architect? Interesting how your adventure is progressing. Will be following your blog.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rosie

    I love your blog and images on it. I'm an artist. I guess I didn't mention that above did I?

    Best,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!
    Wonderful blog, thanks for sharing your info with us. We moved to Malaysia too, are just in the process of buying a house and thankful for the tips we get here. Btw. we share the same hobby, growing local seeds, my oldest mango/jackfruit/starfruit are almost 2 meters high now and waiting for a permanent place in the new garden. Try some Lychees, they sprout out within 3 days!
    Hope it is ok if I contact you via email the next days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Ein neues Leben in Malaysia,

    Welcome to Malaysia! Thanks for the tip on the lychees.

    Yes feel free to email me: pinkgarden@gmail.com

    Best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the Malaysia best Furniture Indoor and Outdoor Company Website

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is best blogger site in malaysia Website

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Rosie

    I love your blog and images on it. I'm an artist. I guess I didn't mention that above did I?
    Status In Urdu

    ReplyDelete