Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Modern Trellises

The Comtemporist has featured a Garden House by Tham & Videgård Architects where the entire house is covered in a giant trellis. I was thinking about adding a trellis up the left side of the house, but then thought that trellises seem a bit dated, not so here. The only thing I would be worried about would be the lack of light in the house once the green takes over.

The imagery has revived my thoughts of some kind of climbing greenery up the side of the house. There is already a huge flowerbox frame under/along the big windows on the second story where I will try to add foliage that grows downward covering the roof below.

Also check the site for images of the nice green colored kitchen which I think goes lovely with the green outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment