Friday, September 2, 2011

New Plantings: Asystasia Gangetica

I planted some Asystasia Gangetica along the side of the house a few weeks ago. The first row in the photo are some plants I rooted after taking some from my neighbor's planter (which they were happy to provide as the plants grow so fast!). The row behind are just cut plants that haven't been rooted because we all determined that because they root so easily that the process of rooting in small containers first is unnecessary. So I just planted them in the ground.


Unnecessary indeed, because a week or so later (photo directly above), all the plants are thriving. I watered the plants a least once a day and they have grown very fast covering the ground as I had hoped.

I do have to plant another longer area near this part as well. When I didn't know what the plant was in my neighbors planter, I asked Malaysia Project readers for help in classifying it here. Sean L warned me about the invasiveness of the plant and I am still monitoring it to make sure it doesn't get out of hand. For now, the ground cover looks good.

6 comments:

  1. They do really look good and enjoying the space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plants are looking good. Regular hacking down now and then once they have established themselves should keep it under control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hye, i'm syazana, and now I'm conducting some research about allelochemical in asystasia gangetica for my final year project, So, i need to find this plant for about 5kg, can you suggest me how I'm gonna find this plant?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi..can i get some seeds of the asystasia gangetica? I will pay for shipping cost. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol guys this plant is everywhere in malaysia. Don't embarrass yourselves... You don't need to buy seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol guys this plant is everywhere in malaysia. Don't embarrass yourselves... You don't need to buy seeds!

    ReplyDelete