Sunday, September 11, 2011

Entryway Ledge and Mirror

B completed and installed the Entryway Ledge and Mirror the other day. I'm happy to finally have something in this place because the electric box was really starting to annoy me.

Above is a photo of what it looked like before the installation or you can read my previous post here. I came up with the idea to create a white laminate door above the mirror to access the electric box. My design was one door so there wouldn't be any seams down the center of the white. But B thought one door would be too heavy and would sag. His solution, two cabinet doors. I think it looks fine given the awkwardness of what we were working around. Also, he had to make the cabinet and mirror six inches out from the wall in order to fit over the electric box which I originally thought was too deep. But after installation, I really like that the mirror and cabinets sit out that far from the wall it makes the mirror more stylish and contemporary.


3 comments: