Friday, January 21, 2011

Pertubuhan Penganut Dewa Seremban

In keeping with our goal of trying to visit places in and around Seremban (although this place was not on our list). Today I went to the Chinese Temple just a few blocks from my house. Perched at the top of the hill in the Blossom section of Seremban (off Jalan Tok Ungku) Pertubuhan Penganut Dewa San Kau Tong was being decorated for the Chinese New Year.

The man in the office told me that they will be having celebrations every night between now and the New Year so I will try to get R to come with me at night when they will have dragon and tiger dances!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you make it to the temple one of these nights with R. There is something magical about standing under the red lights of many many lanterns. I wonder how it will be like when the lantern rays shines on the ying/yang symbol on the ground. Lion dances are more common but tiger dances are quite rare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Autumn Belle!

    We went to the temple the other night and saw a dragon dance of sorts (see my new video post). We stayed awhile and enjoyed all the festivities... But we left before seeing any tiger dance. Well, now I wish I could see one of these tiger dances!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there ..we know taht there re many events happeing over the temple ..so do we know the date? any link or facebook or contact number? thank ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have the number here at my house, next time I am over there I will get the number and post it.

    ReplyDelete