Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve in Seremban

I stopped by the local Nursery near my house and found these great plants with fruit on them. The person working there said that these are popular for Chinese New Year because the fruits turn orange and it is considered good luck. They just received their shipment in and he said they sell out fast. He said you don't eat the fruit. I was thinking about getting two of these and putting them in front of the two columns under the car park. But decided against them for now because the fruit will go away and we will be left with green only and they were 88 RM each!!! I might change my mind though as they do look so nice.

I have been thinking about planters for the house and how many I will need. I really want black or dark grey but there aren't any in Seremban that have enough sizes. So I will have to go to Selangor where it appears there are many many nurseries selling pots and beautiful plants. Or we should go with the brownish-beige color planters (the bottom pots in the photo above) because there are many sizes in Seremban and they are reasonably priced.

I found a great blog yesterday that features various nurseries in Malaysia (mainly Selangor). The site is called My Green Finder. There is tons of info on nurseries and plants on there.




2 comments:

  1. I usually buy my citrus lime about 2 weeks before Chinese New Year in case the fruits start dropping off during the first 15 days of the Lunar New Year. In Selangor, I like to go to Sg Buloh which is like a haven to us gardeners.Happy New Year 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too! So that is what they are called... citrus lime.

    I can't wait to go to some of those nurseries on My Green Finder's blog and check out Sg Buloh too.

    ReplyDelete